Tags: allergic, allergies, allergy, asthma, bothersome, drugs, figured, health, medications, metallic, mouth, symptoms, taste

Metallic taste in mouth

On Health & Drugs & Medications » Allergies & Asthma

3,027 words with 5 Comments; publish: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 03:47:00 GMT; (900125.00, « »)

Hello all...I have recently had some bothersome allergy symptoms. It seemed like it was starting to get better - I figured out that I was allergic to aloe & eliminated it, but I'm still feeling bad. It seems like it gets worse when I turn the heat on - my doctor has suggested that maybe I need to check with my landlord to see if they need to change the furnace filters. So I am going to check tomorrow and see, I think it could be something related to that. My question is, a little while ago, my throat started swelling again, difficulty breathing, my head feels kinda heavy, and I have a metallic taste in my mouth. Is it normal to have a metallic taste like that? This is the first time it's happened...is it something serious? I hope not. I'm so scared!! :-( I did take a Claritin earlier, but that was 7 hours ago. Please help! My ears also just started ringing too but then stopped almost immediately. I'm calling the allergist tomorrow to get in asap and get to the bottom of this. I'm so miserable! Thanks for any info!

[This message has been edited by VNC21402 (edited 01-07-2003).]

All Comments

Leave a comment...

  • 5 Comments
    • Do you have silver/mercury fillings?

      It sounds like the mercury in your fillings is poisoning you. Go to the forum on here for dental problems and you'll find a thread I made about this problem, in it you might find some information. That is if the resident mercury expert doesn't see this thread first.

      #1; Fri, 14 Dec 2007 14:56:00 GMT
    • I've read your other posts..so I'm using the info I gthered from all.....Do you only have the metallic taste when your allergies flare up or is it all the time? If it's only during the flare ups--based on everything else you've said so far, it's normal. I get it too during anaphylactic reactions. It's just another symptom.
      #2; Fri, 14 Dec 2007 14:57:00 GMT
    • If you check out the thread called "metallic taste in mouth" posted on the General Health Board by Mike76, you will find some more information on this topic. Good luck! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/wink.gif
      #3; Fri, 14 Dec 2007 14:58:00 GMT
    • Thanks for your post. I don't think I have any silver fillings...I will check with my mom to be sure, though. I have never had the metallic taste in the mouth before, except for last night, and it occurred along with an allergy attack so I think it's related to that. I feel fine today but still have a slight metallic taste in my mouth...so I think it just has to do with allergies. Thanks for your help!
      #4; Fri, 14 Dec 2007 14:59:00 GMT
    • Thanks for the tip! I was pretty sure I didn't have any silver fillings, and I don't, so that's good! My mom said she always paid extra so we could have white fillings because of the risks with the silver & mercury. I was just thrown off by the metallic taste in my mouth. It's almost completely gone now. It was accompanied by an allergy attack so I'm positive it's allergy related. I am getting tested for allergies next week just to be sure I'm not allergic to something besides the aloe.

      [This message has been edited by VNC21402 (edited 01-09-2003).]

      #5; Fri, 14 Dec 2007 15:00:00 GMT