Tags: allergies, asthma, cause, curious, drainage, drugs, fighting, health, infection, lymph, medications, nodes, sinus, sore, tender

Sinus Drainage cause sore nodes?

On Health & Drugs & Medications » Allergies & Asthma

3,096 words with 6 Comments; publish: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 03:53:00 GMT; (900132.81, « »)

I'm just curious if sinus drainage can cause the lymph nodes to be a little tender on just one side? If you're fighting an infection, aren't the lymph nodes tender on BOTH sides usually?

All Comments

Leave a comment...

• 6 Comments
    • N2golf,

I've been wondering this, too. Hopefully someone will have an insight for us. My left gland is somewhat painful...and that's the side that's been giving me so much trouble lately.

BTW - I'm really glad I found these boards! I was desperately looking for any info about what could be causing all my symptoms, because I was SURE my Dr. was wrong about me having "sinusitus." I just kept thinking, "oh-come-on! A sinus infection that won't respond to TWO back-to-back rounds of antibiotics??! No Way!"

I go see an ENT next week.

#1; Fri, 14 Dec 2007 14:58:00 GMT
    • I have heard numerous times that if someone has a sinus infection they are very tough to get rid of even taking back to back meds. Sinus infections are very miserable and will drain you so much! Maybe we will get an answer to my question soon! Hope you are feeling better!!!!!! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/wave.gif
      #2; Fri, 14 Dec 2007 14:59:00 GMT
    • Hi, I have been experiencing the same symptoms. Swollen and sore lymph nodes on the right side of my neck. Also causing very slight headache. I am also tired and lethargic. My family doctor told me I have chronic sinusitis, and gave me two rounds of antiobiotics. Didn't work! I am going to a ear/nose/throat Dr. tomorrow. I have heard you might need to take a round of prednisone(steriod). I also read that sinusitis can last up to 12 weeks! Any other thoughts out there?
      #3; Fri, 14 Dec 2007 15:00:00 GMT
    • Ask him/her to check you for TMJ. That has the same symptoms as sinusitis. My ENT thought that I had sinus problems for a long time...come to find out, It's TMJ!

Keep us posted!

#4; Fri, 14 Dec 2007 15:01:00 GMT
    • I have recently found out that I have sinusitis with post nasal drip from my family doctor. He suspects iron deficiency. I am new to this forum and was wondering about the abreviations TMJ and ENT posted by N2golf. Thanks

Also I am here because I have a "pain" (like a mild whip lash) on the right side of my neck or throat (hard to tell which) just above my collar bone and am wondering if this can have something to do with sinusitis.

#5; Fri, 14 Dec 2007 15:02:00 GMT
    • my nodes have been sore from drainage for two weeks now. It's usually worse at night making it difiicult to sleep. The soreness will also alternate sides every few days. I found that Tylenol sore throat cough syrup works very well in soothing the pain, and does not cause much drowsiness. At least I hope this pain is due to sinus drainage. It's so very annoying! Also right ear is constantly stopped up and have a nagging hack! At least I can breathe alright, my congestion is upper sinuses....This has been going on for two to three weeks. The first week had horrible pain in the right side of my face and neck and throat. I used to never have allergy problems, They just started three years ago when I turned 21. Anyone have any recomendations for the stopped up ear thing? That's what is driving me insane!!!

thanx